—The Fresno Bee
Upcoming Events 2018-2019
- THE BUG a series in The Hague at a former embassy, a legendary monument of the cold war...curated by Guy Livingston...invitation only events once a month - please contact for details.
- DADA at the MOVIES: Baruch College, Baruch Performing Arts Center, New York City. 7:30pm, October 17th. (entrance at 25th street between 3rd and Lex) Tickets here.
- LECTURE: October 23rd: Boston University Composers Forum Lecture. 9:30am. Topic: Silence in Music. School of Music, 855 Commonwealth Ave., Boston MA 02215.
- DADA at the MOVIES: The Music Room, Halifax, Canada. Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 7 PM. 6181 Lady Hammond Rd., Halifax, Nova Scotia B3K 2R9. Tickets: https://www.themusicroom.ca/chamber-players#
- LECTURE: October 25th: The "David Schroeder Music and Culture Series Lecture" at at the Fountain School of Performing Arts, Dalhousie University. Topic: Music and Architecture.
- DADA at the MOVIES: at the Salle Bourgie, Musée des Beaux-Arts, Montréal, Canada. 19:30. October 30th. Tickets $15 to $27. In coordination with the Alexander Calder exhibition.
- Paris concert with Rayanne Dupuis, soprano. Music of Kurt Weill and William Bolcom - in honor of Lotte Lenya's 120th birthday! November 17th, 2018. Email for tickets.
- more Ballet mécanique coming up in 2019...
RADIO/PODCASTS: American Highways, every other Friday night on Concertzender Radio Netherlands, also available as a free podcast on iTunes.
DOCUMENTARIES: projects in progress for RTÉ Ireland, and the Kurt Weill Foundation.
GRANTS: I'm currently creating radio documentaries with the support of the Aaron Copland Fund, the Amphion Foundation, and the Kurt Weill Foundation.
NETFLIX USA: see me in BOMBSHELL, the story of Hedy Lamarr and her secret invention of spread-spectrum, with composer George Antheil.
Ballet mécanique tour in March 2017: CONCERT: Boston (Granoff Music Center, Tufts University) CONCERT: Providence (Grant Recital Hall, Brown University) Canto Ostinato at De Doelen, Rotterdam (February 21) Ballet Mécanique SOLO in Montreal at SMCQ (April 20) Paris (May 23 and 24) Fête de la Musique (June 19, 20, 21) May 24 and 25 - Paris "American Highways" radio show to debut in the Netherlands on ConcertZender Radio, January 3rd, 2015: Guy Livingston will host a weekly radio show on Saturday nights, broadcasting from Utrecht on the airwaves and over the internet via webstreaming. More information coming soon! George Antheil documentary on Radio National (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) airs in February 2015 (date to be announced). Directed by Guy Livingston. Ongoing concerts and workshops at Hopital Gouin, in Clichy, France. With the generous financial support of the Fondation de France. Presented by Le Piano Ouvert. Lecture-Performance at the Hochschule für Musik in Hannover, Germany on November 11 2014: American Mavericks part 1: Cowell, Ives, and Antheil. Ousonmupo: Carte Blanche à Guy Livingston Paris, La Vieille Grille, 75005, le 16 juin 2014 ousonmupo Les Traverses du Temps avec Marcel Quillévéré (France Musique) le 21 avril 2014 écouter le podcast